Carmen's Country Crooning

   
 Well, it was probably inevitable. You know, that I would write a country song. I mean, who else is more country then this old farm gal. Of course, it would certainly be much easier to do this if I could play a note on some sort of instrument..piano..guitar...heck, banjo. But alas, all those years of clarinet never paid off for me. All I can do is write it and find someone to set 'er to music. I am pretty sure that this type of thing happens in Nashville all the time, in a land flush with young talent and pretty people. I am just not sure how often it happens in Bridgton, Maine. But get ready folks, because it is about to...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          HOMELAND FARM

       

    Well, life at the farm can get mighty grim,
    sometimes with all the chores,
    we don't know where to begin
 
     But, for me and my kin
     there caint be no other,
     this old farm
     is as dear as our mother

    Homeland Farm, you are so fine              
    Homeland Farm, you smell like pine
    Homeland Farm, we are here to stay
    Homeland Farm, we need more hay

    Now, this old farm,
    She needs a lot of work,
   I'd get out there and help,
   but I'm learning how to twerk            

    But I send out the chillins,
    and the old man too
    They work 'til they cain't
    then they come on in fer stew

    Homeland Farm, you are so fine
    Homeland Farm, you smell like pine
    Homeland Farm, we are here to stay
    Homeland Farm, we need more hay

    Now, if ya'll stop by, and the fire is lit
    pull up a chair, and we'll teach ya how to spit
    Have a honk on my jug of Barefoot Bubbly
    You'll wanna have some more til your seeing kinda doubly

     Homeland Farm, you are so fine
     Homeland Farm, you smell like pine,
     Homeland Farm, we are here to stay
     Homeland Farm, we still need more hay
 
      Now, don't be surprised if we look kind of country
      Maw in her nightie, and Paw kinda grumpy
      the dogs, and the horses and the 'pacas don't care
      shoot, Maw don't even comb her hair

     So, if you wanna have some down home fun,
     stop on by, and see how it's done
     With Maw, and Paw and all the rest,
     Homeland Farm will stand the test


    THE END.
(I'm watching you Tim McGraw..I can see your
wheels turning..you and Faith go look elsewhere
for a new duet...)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Real Housewives of Bridgton Maine

Granny Nightgowns..NOT just for sleeping.

The Blessing