Blizzard=BLOG.

       
  I know, I know. The groans of my fellow New Englanders can be heard echoing the land today, as we get dumped on by the third "Nor'Easter" in less then two weeks. And here I thought we were going to get out of this winter pretty well unscathed..well, minus the weeks and weeks of double digit cold we had back in January,
Bare ground..not for long
            But nope. I looked out this morning and said " HA! LOOK CLIFFY BABY! NOT EVEN SNOWING!" It was supposed to have started at midnight-ish, but took its own sweet time getting ramped up. Whoa...did anyone else notice how "Maine Weather Womanish" I just sounded? I bet I could do the weather. Lets see..
Maine-ly SICK of winter moose, complete with matching smile

            Howdy. I'm Carmen Horton, coming to you LIVE from the fields of Homeland Farm. Wicked Crappy outside, and unless you are desperate for toilet paper, milk or Allens coffee brandy, I would NOT recommend going out into this mess.
            The storm which I have decided to call "Hesperus", cause she is gonna wreck my driveway and lawn, was slow coming up the coast, and I think got hung up down on the Cape. But By Godfrey, it is cranking like an old Model T now, and dumping the white stuff by the inch.
             I hate to say it, but Jeezum Crow...This looks to be a doozy. A couple inches an hour as I measure it on my go buggy, which isn't going too darn far in this mess. I think I better go check my bread. (INSERT COMMERCIAL HERE).
This weather brought to you by HOMELAND LOAF. UGLY, BUT IT TASTES GOOD.

             BACK TO YOU, CARMEN.
           
Thanks camera man Cliffy


             Now, as I was sayin', it is coming down at a pretty good clip, making the roads slipperier then a greased cats ass. I haven't seen but one plow truck all day out here in the country, but then, it is almost suppah time. Them plow boys gotta eat too.
             
             Now, What I think is gonna be the kicker in this whole mess, is ole Hesperus isn't likely to give up the ghost any time soon. Nope, I think this particular "Nor'Easter" is gonna be stuck to us like a tick on a dog for the next 24 hours, dumping the white stuff like crazy.
             
             Be ready for some wicked windy gusts too. Gonna blow out there like Grampa after the Saturday night bean suppah. I think there are going to be some powah outages, and I bet more then one or two, by the time this blows over. So, git those generators ready, but don't fire them up inside, for love nor God nor money! Keep those babies ready but fire them up outside!

             
             Moral of the story...Be ready for a crap ton of this white mess. Don't drive unless Mother REALLY wants chocolate at the store, and For God's sake..LIFT WITH YOUR KNEES! Now, I'm going inside and mix up a little Allens Coffee brandy and Milk.
           
            'WHAT'D YA MEAN WE'RE OUTTA MILK??? FIRE UP THE THREE QUARTER TON , CLIFFY!!!"
 
Bugs? Snow? Toss up, says the horses...

             PS...A word of advice, if you find yourself laughing your butt off at something as simple as passing someone a brownie, and watching them fail to take it from your hands because they are using scissor fingers, you just might have a case of cabin fever. Better make that Allens a DOUBLE!
             
Snowing cats and dogs...well, cats anyway
Also...that is an egg candler, fyi....;)
             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Housewives of Bridgton Maine

Granny Nightgowns..NOT just for sleeping.

The Blessing