"Spring has Sprung..Fooled ya!" says Mother Nature

   

       
Before the new snow...
        One thing I love about a Maine Spring is that you never know what to expect. For example, Cliffy and I had been watching the snow recede at a fairly quick rate over the last couple weeks. Watching and waiting and smiling. Spring was here and that old ground hog was right...winter was leaving and an early spring was right on our doorstep.
       Heck, we even commenced to raking last weekend, it was so nice. Yep, we were out raking in just tee shirts, it was so warm. We got almost half the front lawn done,and we also started on the lawn where the pine trees are located. Then we sat on the glider, and soaked up the warm rays. Ahhh spring..We love ya!
        BAM! Ole Mother Nature pulled a fast one. Three days of snow. Wet, heavy spring snow that once again has turned our driveway into a wet bog, and caused accidents for lots of folks who clearly forgot how to drive in the stuff. On the trip to Auburn on Monday, we saw 4 cars off the road, and heard reports of many more. Friendly reminder for one and all....SLUSH is bad, will pull you right off the road in a blink. Slush would always win  in a game of rock, paper scissors. ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, SLUSH! SLUSH WINS!
         We prepared our seed catalog orders over the weekend, as well as  getting the raking underway. Cliffy is making plans for pole beans and Sweet potatoes, carrots and rutabegas. Can't wait as I love planting and picking. Not a huge fan of weeding, but it is a necessary evil. We are expanding a bit this year and hope to put in strawberries as well. Yum...can't wait until I can feature our home grown veggies in a tasty summer supper, followed by rhubarb pie. Come on summer! Be nicer to us then spring has been, okay?

Cliffy with some long eaten veggies
           We are getting wallpaper ordered too for a spruce up this spring. I have to do our living room over, and have started the tedious process of wallpaper removal. Oh, how I hate that job, not that I am a huge fan of demolition either. But, demo we must, as we are going to take down the old living room ceiling and put up a new shiny, flat sheet rock ceiling. The current ceiling has a big bulge where we had an unexpected  leak, so before I paint and repaper the room, I guess the ceiling needs to be repaired. Cliffy is gonna LOVE ME!! (in case you were wondering what was dripping off those two capitalized words...it was sarcasm..yep, dripping with sarcasm.) Once it is all done however, its gonna be GREAT!! Nothing says welcome spring, like a new coat of paint and a good cleaning. SO, once the demo is done, I will start my spring cleaning and will get papering and painting. I will take lots of photos so you can see the before and after..its gonna be great!
My sweetie is no stranger to my "time for a change" mood
             We did a lot of painting outside over the last couple years so there isn't too much work that needs to be done. Well, except the back of the barn. We need to get that vinyl sided and a new door built for insurance purposes. Apparently, the homeowners insurance policy makes you keep everything painted in order to cover you. Kinda odd, if you ask me, but I had planned on it anyway, so it will just  light a fire under us to get it done faster.
Time for new Vinyl

  So, now I have to wrap it up for today. I'm off to work at the 207 Trading Co, as I need to earn money to support my "habit"..redecorating and painting. See you soon, and don't forget to stop by the booth at the 207 that Cam and I both share. You will know which one is ours when you see the sign that says "all sales benefit an autistic young man and his gimpy mom." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Housewives of Bridgton Maine

Granny Nightgowns..NOT just for sleeping.

The Blessing