Batten Down the Hatches!!

   
Snow fall a few years ago
          THERE'S A STORM A' BREWIN'! Or, so they say. We have been busy today, doing all the usual last minute storm preparations. I did some cooking, making homemade raspberry turnovers and an apple strudel. Cliffy put extra fuel in the tanks, and we hauled some furniture to the booth at the 207 Trading Co. We parked the car inside the barn, and closed up the doors. Good to go!
          Then, Cameron and I went to fight the throngs of folks stocking up on booze, milk, toilet paper, and Allens Coffee Brandy. Here in New England, you just can NOT have a good nor'easter without the aforementioned items. And a good, one it is shaping up to be.
           So far, this winter has been wicked odd. (said in a deep Maine accent.)(In my mind..)(I'll stop now).We had very early snow and quite a bit of it, back in November. So this year, we had not only a white Christmas, but a white Thanksgiving. Then it has frozen and thawed, icy then bare ground. Not the normal winter season. So, the snow lovers are very excited to see the potential for 2 plus feet of snow. I am not a snow lover, so I could do without a mess of the white stuff, but this is Maine, and I don't have to leave the house tomorrow, so I guess I don't mind. BRING IT ON, MOTHER NATURE!
            I will post some photos tomorrow of the big mess..will see how it looks by the morning light!
         

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Housewives of Bridgton Maine

Granny Nightgowns..NOT just for sleeping.

The Blessing