What do you think? A potential book? Or just things the author would find amusing...

   
Homeland Farm
     

         I have kept a diary for 25 years. Yes, for almost half my life,  I have kept a diary of the life and times of a crazy, Maine farm gal. I have chronicled the good, bad and ugly, mostly with a sense of humor which managed to help me get through the aforementioned "ugly." Every now and then, I get the urge to go back through and read them again, and let me tell you, they are pretty darn interesting. Oh, and often very amusing. I have read Cliffy a bit here and there, and he seems to think..and I quote..." THERE'S A BOOK IN THERE SOMEWHERE!" Perhaps, or maybe it is just funny to those that know me. SO, I am conducting a poll. Yay, or Nay...a book in this foolishness??
Here are a couple examples of true stories from 1995, written as I wrote it in my dairy.
   
        February 8, 1995...
       
         I took some birthday money and went to Waterford to buy two calves. One was a black whitehead and the other was a Jersey/Holstein cross. I wheeled and dealed the old farmer down to a good deal..$150 for both. When he helped me take them out to the station wagon to load them, I slammed the back station wagon door down and bopped him right on the head. Down he went! I felt really bad..He'd lived up on that hill in peace for 80+years, and then I came along. I called the next day to make sure he was ok and his wife said he was. (" Oh! That's what that mark was!")
   

       October 29, 1995...

     
A young Cameron
          I bought a new calf off Wade, so I loaded Cameron (age 3) into the truck and off we went to Waterford. She is a nice half Angus, half Holstein heifer, and looks as bright as a dollar. We tied her in the back of the truck, and headed home. We pulled in the yard, and I unloaded Cameron. We walked back to lower the tail gate, and...THE CALF WAS GONE!!! Cameron's  eyes bugged right out of his head as I yelled "SHIT!! CAMERON! BACK IN THE TRUCK!!!" We tore up the road, and retraced our steps, but no calf. I went back home to call the police, and got a message from my mother that someone had found her  on Bridgton Academy hill, and had loaded her into a neighbors trailer. We went right over to get her, and thank god she was fine. She did have a few scrapes here and there on her legs, and I doctored those once I got her home. No more calves tied in truck bodies!

        So, that is a small sample of the daily activity that I lived, wow...almost 20 years ago now. Holy Smoke! Now it is time to vote! Yay..you would be interested in reading more...Nay..ummm not so much! There was lots of good times and unfortunately, lots of not so good, as one would expect. I am always amazed at how much work I did ..every day all day. Working nights..taking care of a toddler..taking care of my grandmother...chores...kids..marriages coming and going...cooking and more cooking! 3 pies PLUS cookies in one day! . Now I understand my current physical shape...I busted my butt..mostly too stubborn to ask for help. I'm sure you all find that hard to believe...
       
Yum..Pineapple upside down cake


 Over and Out from all of us here down on the farm! Have a great week!

       
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Housewives of Bridgton Maine

Granny Nightgowns..NOT just for sleeping.

The Blessing