When a mud room is truly, a mud room

   Happy New Year to one and all. I hope everyone had a great holiday night, and I hope we all have a healthy 2014. We are off to a wonderful start, and by wonderful, I mean we are having a snow storm. Oh, and bitter cold. Oh, and I mean wonderful in a very sarcastic way.
     I spent the first two days of 2014 by doing what I do best...cooking and cleaning. Okay, I cook pretty well, but cleaning..not so much. It had to be done however, so I vacuumed, cleaned a few windows, ( Why do I have so many windows..just curious), and even dusted a bit. When I say 'dusted a bit', that means I pulled the sleeve of my sweater down over my hand, and did the worst spots. Then had to change, as one arm was really pretty dirty.
    I always start in the end of the house and work my way out to the kitchen, and finish in the laundry room, or as some people call it..the mud room. I have seen many so called mud rooms in all the house wife magazines I get and they are always so tidy. I mean, they have rattan baskets for each child to store their shoes and belongings, peg boards on the wall for organized coat hanging, and nice racks and boot driers for any boots that might get "damp".
     Let me show you a photo of a REAL MUD ROOM.
  Exhibit A....As you can see, this is a laundry room
Exhibit B...
Or is it a feed room?
Exhibit C..
okay, it is a feed room (warm mashes for a cold night)
Exhibit D..
Let's see..2 coats per person x 6 people..plus coveralls..and hats
Boots galore...Hats/gloves/mittens-stacked up and handy
Finally...Exhibit E..A mud room floor, complete with mud. So, now you know what a REAL FARMHOUSE mudroom looks like. It ain't pretty. I told you I am not an immaculate housekeeper. BUT! Did I show you the   picture of the pie I made??? Now THAT is pretty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Housewives of Bridgton Maine

Granny Nightgowns..NOT just for sleeping.

The Blessing